Monday, November 8, 2010

North Georgia Flea Markets

Most weekends you can find me at one of the North Georgia Flea Markets.  When I'm selling, it is hats, CD's, tools and other odds and ends I find at auctions, online and wholesale distributors in Atlanta.  The hats give the table color.  I usually have several dozen. Folks like to stop, look and read the funny sayings.  Even folks who would never
wear a hat.


I enjoy flea markets. Not just for the chance to buy and sell. For the opportunity to meet people. For the chance to talk over ideas, hear or tell a joke or just enjoy the weather.

Yes, I do go to buy stuff. Recently I found an old 1926 kodak camera for $10.  My favorite flea market find is a portable Philco radio from the 1930's.  It has a wooden case and roll down door.  Then there are the vegetable venders.  At the Big D's and Red Barn markets you can find fruits and veggies fresh, and from all over the world.  Even at a smaller market like the new one in Eton, Georgia on Highway 411 you will find one or more fresh vegetable stall.

Hope to see you this weekend at a North Georgia Flea Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell about your favorite flea market or latest find. I review comments before they are published. This may take a little while.